March 5, 2017
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 2:1-10
- There is going to be some hardships along the way. Vulnerability is one thing that can bring us out of those hardships, but is also something that can be hard to do.
What events happened today?
- A group of us went on a walk and discovered the heart of San Pedro Sula before we headed to Santa Barbara. Along the way we decided to get gelato…always get a doble.
- Once the other group got back from grocery shopping we headed on our way to Santa Barbara (around 2 ½ hours). It has been 2 years since I was last here. However, this time is different. It is almost like it is my first time because I am a new person spiritually. Last time I was here I distanced myself and pushed God in a corner. I like being here for the “first time” because I now have a new perspective. I have taken off the Rose colored glasses and put on God’s glasses.
- As we prayed in the center of town I could not help but praise God for sending me back to this place. After an amazing service at a local church, I can firmly say that God has something huge planned for this week.
How did I see God?
- During the worship. Just being able to stand and clap with others was simply amazing. It puts into focus that we are not the only ones who worship God, but it is a global impact. I feel a calmness about the week. A new sense of hope and restoration is in me because I am a new person from 2 years ago and I thank God every day for that.