March 7, 2017
Ephesians 3: 1-21
May have power TOGETHER
To be rooted and established in LOVE
What happened today?
- Started the morning off by washing dishes and while we were washing dishes this huge bug (almost like a giant moth) came up the drain. So gross!!
- My favorite part of the day was being able to go to the job training site and see the progress that was made. Two years ago it was a field and a pile of dreams. It was amazing to see the progress that had been made but also the dreams that will be fulfilled. But also to see how God has provided the funds for this project. I loved being able to paint on the walls of the building that will be home to small businesses, but it was also amazing to have moments of prayer as I painted. Praying for the youth, the success of the businesses, the customers that will walk through the doors, and for the town of Santa Barbara.
- After our painting party, we came back for lunch and went straight into our lesson for the day. Every day I am more impressed with the dreams and goals that the youth have.
- At the end of each day our team has a debriefing time. Each night we talk about moments that we see God and what God has been doing in our lives during this trip. Tonight was a little different though. We broke out into individual prayer and the whole room was filled with our prayers. It was an experience I will never forget.
- I see why God has brought me back to this place. To truly see just how we can break the cycle in the most unlikely of places. I wish I could go back 2 years and do it over again. But if I did that then I would most likely not be here right now. I am so amazed at how God works in our lives.